Ma vie n’est pas derrière moi

ni avant

ni maintenant

Elle est dedans

Jacques Prévert

22 January 2007

l e c a f é e t l e l i v r e


I've had enough of the Moyen Age, I've had enough of the Renaissance... Why can't I just put on my new green pants, and go out to that lovely cafe near Les Halles... Grab a nice book (only not related to the XII-th century), order a glass of wine, and just relax... Than maybe buy myself a bracelet or a nice colorful scarf from those lovely boutiques, and just walk around... And forget about everything that isn't parisian enough to follow me to that special place... I miss feeling that free... though nothing takes my freedom away, I never seem to feel that way anywhere else...

Couché sur une bouche de chaleur

au coin de l’avenue Victoria et de la rue des Lavandières-Sainte-Opportune

un roi fainéant du pavé

se redresse titubant

plein à craquer

et hurle à la lune

[...]

Oui

quinze femmes je vous le dis comme c’est

m’attendent chaque nuit à la Fontaine des Innocents...

[...]

Si ça vous intéresse ce que je fais du fric je le met dans mon froc et j’attend l’heure

l’heure du marché aux fleurs

et quand c’est l’heure

j’achète des fleurs des tapées de fleurs

et je prend le train à la gare de l’Est

Oh vous ne savez pas ce que c’est à Paris que la gare de l’Est...


Jacques Prévert – LA FONTAINE DES INNOCENTS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, such a superb scene you have described! Could I take a seat at a table nearby and simplu enjoy my book?

Btw, I'd love to know your opinion about The book of happiness after you will have read it :)

Alexandra Popescu said...

Be my guest :) I hope you enjoy Merlot, because that's what we are having... As for the book, tomorow's my last exam, and than i'll have the chance to finish it... I'll be back ;)